Listeria contamination of Cooked, Fresh and Ready-to-(h)eat meat products can take place any time between slaughter, quartering, processing and packaging of meat products. De-boning machines, bowl choppers, vacuum packers, slicers, grinders, meat saws, ice machines, stuffing machines, freezing equipment, smokehouses, filleting machines, skinning machines, and many other types of food processing machinery can harbour Listeria which can cause contamination in meat products.
Spray treatment with LISTEX™ can prevent outgrowth of Listeria. We advise to apply LISTEX™ at a critical control point as close as possible to the expected moment of contamination and after possible post-contamination. Increasingly meat products are sold as ready-to-(h)eat meal components. These cooked, broiled, grilled, smoked and flavoured products generally have a longer shelf life, presenting increased risk of bacterial outgrowth to high numbers in the event of post contamination.
LISTEX™: Dose-dependant control of Listeria on meat
• easy to apply (i.e. through dipping or spraying)
• successfully used on dozens of food products
• does not affect organoleptic properties of treated products (taste, odor, texture, color)
as also asserted by USDA/FSIS
• is 100% natural and organic
• eradicates 99% of the thousands of strains tested
• does not interfere with desired bacteria (i.e. starter cultures)
• can withstand a wide range of conditions which are commonly encountered during production
• is non-corrosive
• is approved as GRAS (Generally Recognised as Safe) by FDA and USDA/FSIS
• does not require labelling when used as a processing-aid
So whether you produce cooked ham, pork chops, cooked sausage, turkey breast, salami, hot dogs, minced meat, steaks, smoked chicken or any other meat product, LISTEX™ can be a valuable tool in controlling Listeria monocytogenes.